GHLF asked HSS to take definitive action to ensure that access to pharmacy services will remain when the current public health emergency formally ends.
Health Insurance: Open Enrollment Medications
How to Check if your Medications are covered under your State’s Marketplace in 10 easy steps:
1. Go to HealthCare.Gov and follow these instructions:
2. Enter your zip code to pull up insurance information in your area
3. Make sure that your city and state are correct and continue
4. Answer questions about your household size, annual income in order to get specific information for you
5. Have a list of your medications ready and click on “See if Providers & Drugs Are Covered”
6. Click on the “Prescription drugs” tab and start typing in your first prescription drug
7. Continue choosing all of your prescription drugs
1. For each drug, type the name in the search box and select the one that applies to you
2. On the bottom left corner, you can see how many prescription drugs you have selected
3. Once you search and select ALL of your prescription drugs click on “See Plans”
8. This will take you to your “Plans” page, click on “Details” for each Insurance Plan
9. You will be able to see which insurance plan covers all of your prescription drugs
The ideal drug plan for you is the one that covers all of your medications (Image 1 is not ideal).
Usually, these are plans with higher monthly premiums (image 2).
Sometimes, there will be plans that show that there is no coverage for your medications (Image 3). When this is the case you will have to check each formulary in order to make sure which insurance companies actually do cover your medications. (It is time-consuming but will be worth it in the long run.)
Click on image to Enlarge